Metrimo Analytics is a project dedicated to making web analytics more privacy-friendly. Our mission is to reduce corporate surveillance by providing an alternative web analytics tool that doesn’t come from the AdTech world.
Metrimo is trusted by hundreds of paying subscribers. We are completely independent, self-funded, and bootstrapped. The legal entity is incorporated in Greece.
Independent, self-funded, and sustainable by the subscription fees our users pay us
Metrimo Analytics development started in March 2021, public beta was launched in June 2021 and the subscriptions in September 2021.
We are not interested in raising funds or taking investments. Not from individuals, not from institutions, and not from venture capitalists. Our business model has nothing to do with collecting and analyzing huge amounts of personal information from web users and using these behavioral insights to sell advertisements.
We don’t make money by selling or sharing your data, or abusing your visitor’s privacy. When using Metrimo Analytics, you 100% own and control all of your website data. This data is not being shared with or sold to any third parties.
Since we don’t make money from advertising, we need to charge a fee to keep the project going. This is why Metrimo Analytics is not free as beer. We choose the subscription business model rather than the business model of surveillance capitalism.
Is it possible to have privacy-friendly web analytics?
We founded Metrimo Analytics to create a privacy-friendly alternative to very popular and widely used surveillance capitalism web analytics tools that are installed and track user behavior on the majority of websites online.
Some people don’t use analytics at all and that’s fantastic. We don’t push our solution on people who don’t want to track anything about their website visitors. We also encourage server log analysis as a privacy-friendly solution. Unfortunately, server logs have a big bot detection problem.
From speaking to many website and business owners, it is evident that going without any analytics at all or using server logs is not a viable alternative for the majority of them. Most of them want some useful insights into what their efforts result in. If privacy-activists insist they switch to server logs or they remove analytics completely, they will just keep using privacy-intrusive options that they are used to.
Our goal is to reduce the number of websites and businesses online that run proprietary, user-hostile and privacy-invasive web analytics products. We do that by providing them with a competitive, useful and actionable analytics product that at the same time respects the privacy of their website visitors.
What makes Metrimo Analytics a more privacy-friendly alternative to the average web analytics tool?
- We are completely open source so anyone can view, review and inspect the code we’re running to verify whether our actions match with our words
- We minimize any data collection in general and whatever we do track is kept fully secured, encrypted and hosted on a server in the European Union to ensure it is being covered by the strict laws on data privacy
- We do not track and collect any personal data or personally identifiable information. Comparing Metrimo Analytics to server logs, in server logs you can see all the IP addresses of your visitors and details on when they visited your site while there is no way to get any kind of personal data from Metrimo Analytics
- We do not track individual people. All the data is in aggregate only
- We do not track people across their devices. All the data is isolated to a single device only. There is no way to know whether the same person visits a site from more than one device
- We do not track people across websites and apps that they visit. All the data is isolated to a single website only. There is no way to know what other websites someone visits
- We do not share or send the data to any advertising companies or any other third-parties in general. The data is not monetized, mined and harvested for personal and behavioral trends. The website owner completely owns and controls the data from their website
- We have an in-built feature that we recommend all website owners use to open up their stats to the public and share it on their site to be fully transparent so their visitors and anyone else can view the data that they have access to
See our data policy for the full list of data we do collect to display your web stats and which metrics we use the data for. We also have a deeper look into how Metrimo Analytics is built to be a privacy-friendly web analytics tool that’s compliant with the different privacy regulations.
We are grateful to everyone who shares Metrimo Analytics as without people spreading the word about us it would be difficult for us to grow and achieve our goal. Thank you!